Friday, February 24, 2012

Sprint

I was super excited about the Sprint Competition. Over the past few weeks I had been pretty vocal about how the Sprint was to be my best result here at Worlds. Well it wasn’t.
Lap 2.

Everything was perfect out there. The snow was incredibly fast, and there was no real wind. I can say with total conviction that I could not have gone any harder. I skied inspired, passed a ton of people, and finished in sixth place. Unfortunately there were 29 behind me that were faster. So far this week I haven’t had to do time in the penalty lap, so when I had my first real shooting errors in the offhand bout it was humbling to say the least. I am still confident that I can improve. 
The Finnish.
I want to finish this race series with a career best result in the Pursuit Competition. The pursuit will be fun, and I would rather be the chaser than the chased any day. 

No comments: