Saturday, February 18, 2012

Official Unofficial Training

Official Unofficial Training is always fun. Not only does the day have a cool name, but it’s also our first real taste of competition. The day’s festivities include rifle control, where the organizing committee measures, weighs, and certifies our firearms before competition. The officials also love to cover oversized and unsanctioned advertisements and sponsors with layers of duct tape. Lots of the athletes, including me, came out of control with enough silver tape to waterproof a mobile home.
Equipment Control. Checkpoint one.
It was a sunny and beautiful day on the range. Two days from now I’ll be racing. I feel one hundred times better than I did yesterday, and my shooting is on par even with a full flag of wind.
The Range with the Junior Men
More photos HERE

The long climb to the range. This is where the
hurt happens. More photos HERE

No comments: